Cow Over Moon Children’s Theatre is dedicated to creating and producing quality, accessible theatre productions for children and families. By creating original scripts with a contemporary message, incorporating classic themes and teachable moments, the artists at Cow Over Moon engage their audience through the transformative power of theatre.
Creativity and Collaboration
Cow Over Moon values excellence, professionalism, integrity, and a creative and collaborative artistic process.
Cow Over Moon believes in engaging an audience in learning through imaginative play and humour.
Cow Over Moon welcomes diversity in its audience, creative team, and source material.
Cow Over Moon is committed to ensuring that ticket prices and venues are accessible to all families.
Highlights of Cow Over Moon’s history:
- Performed at the inaugural Mississauga International Children’s Festival.
- Produced its first full-length production: a scripted pantomime version of Sleeping Beauty
1998 – 2000
- Produced shows at Erindale Studio Theatre (University of Toronto, Mississauga campus).
- Incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in Ontario.
2001 – 2002
- Season was expanded to three full-length productions and the popular post-show tradition of “meet-the-actors” was initiated where audience members enjoy free juice, cookies and a chance to talk to the actors.
- Moved to 180-seat Burnhamthorpe Library Theatre (now the Maya Prentice Theatre).
- Awarded its first Mississauga Arts Council grant.
- Awarded an Ontario Trillium Foundation grant to support audience development and marketing activities.
- Awarded the Mississauga Arts Council Award for Performing Arts: Emerging Group.
- Celebrated its tenth anniversary and hosted a Fairy Tale Ball for audience members.
2007 – 2010
- Performed in The Toronto Fringe Festival’s KidsVenue. The productions, Three Billy Goats Gruff, Three Magic Wishes, Chicken Licken and Jack Frost were met with incredibly positive reviews from both audiences and media.
- Received Charitable Status from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Since 2006 Cow Over Moon has received Ontario Arts Council Theatre Project funding for seven productions: Ugly Duckling;Woodcutter’s Wish; Beauty and the Beast; Chicken Licken; Jack Frost; Gingerbread Guy and Pinocchio.
- Cow Over Moon applied for and received a Project Grant from the City of Mississauga to produce RAPunzel in December 2013 in Mississauga.
- In May 2013, the company was awarded the “Established Performing Arts Group” by the Mississauga Arts Council at the Marty Awards.
- In February 2014 the company was asked to perform as part of Harbourfront Centre’s HarbourKIDS Festival. We performed RAPunzel to full houses over the two days.
- Received our first operating grant from the Mississauga Arts Council for 2014/15 fiscal year
- Received funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation for Strategic Planning
- Received a grant from the Hazel McCallion Fund for Fund for Arts, Culture & Heritage at the Community Foundation of Mississauga for marketing activities for production of Hansel & Gretel
- Received operating funding from the City of Mississauga
- Completed new Strategic Plan and Action Plan
- Performed Hansel & Gretel at the Mississauga Waterfront Festival (June 13-14, 2015)
- Performed Hansel & Gretel at The Toronto FringeKids! Festival (July 3 to 12, 2015)